Participation in the English Learning Community can increase your success in college and provide an environment that may help develop friendships, offer social activities and community involvement, and encourage interactions with faculty members and the university community.
Some of the advantages to joining the ELC:
- Optional choice of residing in C.F. Lynch Hall
- Academic Support through resources like the Writing Resources Center and University Center for Academic Excellence
- Cultural Activities
- Assistance with registering
- Advisors and peer mentors carefully selected for this community
- Possible opportunities to study abroad
- Available for Commuter and Residential Students
What some ELC members have to say about their experiences:
"My favorite activities were the dinners with the professors. I got a chance to receive a home cooked meal and establish connections that will help me throughout my time at UNC Charlotte."
"Since I came from a small town, I was nervous about coming to such a large school. However, the ELC introduced me to students who love literature as much as I do! I even met non-English majors at some of the events and became more involved."
"The peer mentors and access to the academic support services helped me revise my papers and transition better into college writing and research."