Studies indicate that success in the first year of college depends on how effectively students connect to their university-both academically and socially. Everything a student does at an university, both inside and outside the classroom, supports (or opposes) the process of learning. We understand the importance of providing activities that will provide meaningful and rewarding experiences.
Here are just a few examples of activities and events the ELC has participated in:
- Painting Wine to Water Fundraiser (October, 2013)
- Renaissance Faire
- Exhibits at The Mint Museum, The Light Factory, and Afro-American Cultural Center
- Performances at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
- Venture Experiences like camping and kayaking
- Attending plays and musicals at UNC Charlotte
- Dinners at faculty members’ homes
- International Coffee/Tea Hours
- Poetry and Literary Readings
- Scholarly Conferences
- Attending UNC Charlotte Sporting Events
- Service Learning/Community Projects
ELC Students in Uptown Charlotte... on the way to the Mint Museum.
Tiffany (L) along with members of the ELC Community at the Renaissance Faire in Fall 2012. (The Knight is not in ELC.)